- 1 package small soft corn tortillas (I like the ones that are a combination of corn and wheat as they are more pliable and don’t break); or use 100% corn to make recipe gluten-free
- 1 ¼ cups dry black beans
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon EACH ground cumin, ground coriander AND garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- A few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2/3 cup medium roasted tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Quick Pickled Cilantro-Lime Slaw
- 1 cup EACH shredded red cabbage AND green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, dark and light green part only, sliced
- 1 tablespoon EACH red wine vinegar AND fresh lime juice
- Pinch of fine sea salt and a few turns of freshly ground pepper
Garnish: a little extra chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook the black beans: Rinse beans and place in pressure cooker with 3 cups of water with a bay leaf. Bring to pressure over high heat. Once pot comes up to pressure and button pops up, reduce heat to medium low and set timer for 27 minutes. When timer goes off, remove from heat and either allow pressure to come down naturally until button comes down naturally or release the steam valve until button goes down, signaling that it is safe to unlock the pressure cooker.
- Roast the potatoes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice and place on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with cumin, coriander, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper and toss to combine. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Make the Quick Pickled Cilantro-Lime Slaw: Place shredded red and green cabbage in a medium bowl. Add cilantro and green onion. Drizzle with a red wine vinegar and lime juice and season with a tiny pinch of fine sea salt and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper.
- Warm the tortillas: Lay the corn tortillas flat on a sheet of aluminum foil, placed on top of a rimmed baking sheet and wrap in layers of slightly damp paper towel or a clean, lint-free kitchen towel. This will help warm the tortillas, while keeping them pliable. Place in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Make the Guacaverde: Cut avocados in half, dice and remove pits. In a small bowl, mash the avocados with a fork. Add salsa and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Assemble the tacos: On each plate, place two or three tortillas. Top each with a scoop of black beans, a scoop of potatoes, a handful of cilantro-lime slaw and a dollop of guacaverde. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Mexican