- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (Gluten-free if using GF oats)
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened plant milk (soy, almond, etc.)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups blueberries or mixed berries, divided (OK to use frozen, but leave berries frozen until ready to use. Don’t defrost or you’ll have a purple mess.)
- ¼ cup walnut pieces, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square ceramic or glass baking dish with bit of cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, ground flax seeds, the baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup and the vanilla.
- In prepared baking dish, arrange banana slices in a single layer. Sprinkle 1 cup of the berries over the top of the bananas. Cover fruit with oat mixture. Slowly drizzle the maple vanilla milk over the oats. Give the dish a couple of taps on the countertop to make sure the milk has seeped all the way through the oats. Scatter remaining berries and walnuts across the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the top is golden and the oat mixture has set. Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes before cutting into 6 pieces. Serve topped with your favorite plant milk.
- Category: Breakfast