- 2 cups cooked black forbidden rice (about ½ cup uncooked)
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates (about 12 dates)
- 1/4 cup fair trade organic cocoa powder (to learn more on why to buy fair trade chocolate and which brands are fair trade, visit http://www.foodispower.org/chocolatelist.htm)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- Extras: ¼ cup dried coconut flakes or chopped nuts (pistachios look pretty)
- Pulse cooked rice, dates, coconut (if using), cocoa powder and ground flax seeds in food processor just until mixture forms a dough. Don’t over mix! Using a mini disher (ice cream scoop) or teaspoon, scoop onto parchment lined tray, then using slightly wet hands, shape into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in coconut flakes or chopped nuts and chill for at least 4 hours. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Note: To cook rice, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes until water has been absorbed. Alternately, cook rice in a rice cooker on brown rice setting.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan