- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in 2 cups spring or filtered water for 4-8 hours (if you’re using a Vitamix or other high-powered blender, there is no need to soak the nuts)
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow squash, steamed until tender (about 5 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 1 cup filtered or spring water
Pasta and Vegetables:
- ½ pound whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 (5-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, julienne
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into julienne
- 1 small zucchini, cut into julienne
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3 tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- Start water boiling for linguine in a large pot.
- Drain cashews (if soaking), dump into blender and puree with cooked yellow squash and 1 cup water until very smooth and creamy. This may take 5 full minutes in a standard blender. As soon as mixture is smooth and creamy, add herbs de Provence, sea salt and pepper and blend for just a second. You want to see some flecks of herbs, so don’t over blend.
- Boil fettuccine according to package directions. Add broccoli to the water for the last minute of cooking.
- Meanwhile, sauté carrots in 1-2 tablespoons water in a large non-stick skillet over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini and garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and add sauce to skillet. Stir and warm through for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain fettuccine and broccoli and toss with sauce and vegetable mixture. Serve immediately.
- Category: Mains