- 1 (12-ounce) package soy tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups Imagine Foods brand No-Chicken Broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 (12.3-ounce) box organic firm silken tofu (Mori-Nu brand)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- ¾ cup seedless green grapes, cut in half
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped* See Note
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (5-ounce box) mixed field greens, spinach, arugula or a combination for serving
- Cook tempeh: Place tempeh in shallow pan with enough broth to cover. Add poultry seasoning, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and allow tempeh to cool.
- Make dressing: Place silken tofu, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sea salt and cinnamon in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble salad: In large bowl, combine tempeh, grapes and pecans. Toss with about half of the dressing, taste and adjust seasoning, adding a bit of fine sea salt and pepper as desired. Use just as much dressing as you like and season with salt and pepper to taste. (Note: Recipe makes enough dressing for two batches. Dressing also makes a delicious cole slaw.)
- Serve on a bed of greens drizzled with a bit of extra dressing, if desired. Alternatively, serve in a sandwich (whole wheat pita is great) with lettuce or spring mix.
Note: To toast pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet for 8 minutes and toast until fragrant. Watch carefully as nuts can burn quickly.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan