- 2 (14 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh chives or scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon or basil, minced (or 1–2 tablespoons of each)
- 2 teaspoons kelp granules
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup Dreamy Oil-free Vegan Mayo or Reduced Fat Vegenaise
- ¼ cup unsweetened soy yogurt
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Partially mash beans with chives, dill, tarragon, kelp, lemon zest and juice and stir in just enough mayo and soy yogurt to moisten the beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve a scoop on top of a bed of baby mixed greens, stuff some salad into a whole wheat pita or on toasted marble rye or pumpernickel along with some lettuce and tomato or serve as part of a salad sampler plate with Eggless Tofu Salad and Sonoma Tempeh Salad. Drizzle salad with a few drops of extra red wine vinegar or lemon juice to moisten and brighten the greens.
- Category: Sandwiches & Wraps
- Cuisine: Vegan