- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cooked or canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup organic or all-natural creamy peanut butter (look for one that contains only peanuts and salt)
- 1 ½ teaspoons powdered vegan egg replacer (EnerG brand) mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place garbanzo beans in a large food processor and blend. Stream in maple syrup. Add sugar, peanut butter, egg replacer, baking soda, baking powder and salt and blend again. Add flour and pulse until thoroughly mixed, but do not over mix.
- Scoop by tablespoon and with wet hands, form into 1 ¼ inch balls onto parchment lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork, dipping fork in water after each cookie to prevent sticking.
- Bake until light golden, about 14 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan