- 2 cups Imagine Foods No-Chicken Broth (or vegetable broth plus 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning)
- 1 cup wild rice blend (I use Lundberg farms brand; if you can’t find a blend, use ½ wild rice and half long-grain brown rice)
- 2–3 medium delicata squash
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1/3 cup shelled pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring broth to a boil. Add rice, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 45-50 minutes. Alternately, make rice in a rice cooker following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and stringy stuff. Place face down on parchment lined baking sheet for 25 minutes until tender when poked with a fork.
- Toast pecans. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Remove, cool and chop.
- Sauté shallot and celery with 2 tablespoons water in a small non-stick pan over medium heat until soft and slightly golden. Add a bit more water as necessary, allowing the vegetables to brown just slightly.
- When rice is done, dump into a large mixing bowl. Fluff rice gently with a fork, adding celery and shallot mixture, cranberries and half of parsley.
- Fill squash boats with rice mixture and top with remaining chopped parsley and chopped pecans and serve.
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Vegan