- https://amzn.to/2M3PV4p1 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 small or 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 sweet potato or yam, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 quart (32 ounces) Imagine Foods No-Chicken Broth or vegetable stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Optional Garnishes: Minced fresh chives, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of unsweetened soy yogurt.
- In a large Dutch oven, sauté onions in 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat until slightly golden, soft and translucent. Add more water, 2 tablespoons at a time to prevent sticking. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Do not let garlic brown.
- Add squash, sweet potato, carrots, parsnips, poultry seasoning, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger and No-Chicken Broth, increase heat to high and cover. When pot begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or with an immersion blender. Stir in coconut milk, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, warming through and
- adjusting seasonings to taste. Garnish and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan