This beautiful, decadent and easy to make dessert is a real showstopper. It’s a simple blend of antioxidant-rich strawberries, probiotic-rich soy yogurt and omega-3 rich chia seeds, making it the perfect treat for both your brain and your body.
Note: Unsweetened organic soy yogurt can sometimes be difficult to find, so I often make my own. If you prefer to use store bought soy yogurt, look for organic plain or vanilla flavors from Nancy’s or Stonyfield and omit the stevia from this recipe.Print
Sweet & Creamy Strawberry Chia Yogurt Parfaits
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup unsweetened organic soy yogurt
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 12 drops liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup of fresh sliced strawberries or mix of fresh sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries
- Garnish: 4 fresh whole strawberries, sliced into a fan
- In a blender, blend together soy yogurt, 1 cup of strawberries, stevia and vanilla. Stir in chia seeds (do not blend), transfer to a glass container, cover and chill for at least 2-3 hours or up to overnight.
- To serve, in each of 4 small parfait glasses, layer pudding with fresh berries and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
Nutrition Facts: According to a 2013 study in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, we learn that soy milk, fermented with probiotics Lactobacillus plantarum TWK10 or Streptococcus thermophiles BCRC 14085, as in soy yogurt, improves vascular health by stimulating nitric oxide (NO) production and endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) activity.
Researchers concluded that “soy milk fermented with select probiotics promotes the relaxation factors of vascular endothelial cells”, essential for healthy sexual function.
Recipe by Emily Honeycutt, 2016. © All Rights Reserved. www.deliciouslygreen.com
The effect of probiotic-fermented soy milk on enhancing the NO-mediated vascular relaxation factors.
Cheng CP1, Tsai SW, Chiu CP, Pan TM, Tsai TY. J Sci Food Agric. 2013 Mar 30;93(5):1219-25. doi: 10.1002/jsfa.5880. Epub 2012 Sep 21.
Leave a Reply